Skip to main content

Motherhood is a way of life

  Motherhood is a way of life



So I have been reading a lot of mom quotes and articles lately and realised people tend to glorify the sacrifices a mother makes for her family and her child. 

Recently I read “ Behind every dressed-up kid is a mom who looks like this and that.”

For a brief period, started thinking, Am I selfish for not being one of them?

I do dress up my child but I dress up myself as well. I make sure I take care of myself and do things that make me happy. I take out time for myself and prioritise myself whenever needed.

Because that's what I want my daughter to see and learn. 

I want her to keep herself above everything and not worry about what people might say( especially relatives). I have seen her smiling while my husband clicks my pictures, and she smiles at me while I am being clicked, she knows that I enjoy that.

I want her to be herself and be proud of that. I want her to never compare herself and to handle her flaws gracefully. I want her to love herself enough that no societal pressure and no stereotype can bring her confidence down, so yeah I am teaching her that.

To all the mothers out there, feeling bad about taking care of themselves and prioritising themselves at times, Let go of this feeling and be proud of what you are teaching your child.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skills I Learned While Being at Home.

 Skills I Learned While Being at Home Skills I learned while being at Home Being a homemaker is often perceived as a role centred around household chores and caring for the family. However, it is a role that encompasses a wide range of skills and experiences that contribute to personal and professional growth. I am going to share my learning from my experience of managing the house, I will share the valuable skills I learned while being a homemaker, highlighting their relevance and transferability in various areas of life. Time Management and Organization  As a homemaker, one quickly realises the importance of effective time management and organization. Balancing multiple responsibilities, such as cooking, cleaning, childcare, and managing household finances, requires meticulous planning and prioritisation. These skills are transferrable to any setting, enabling me to effectively manage my time, meet deadlines, and stay organized in both personal and professional endeavors. ...

Living in a Joint Family in 2023

 Nurturing Togetherness: Living in a Joint Family in 2023 Joint Family in 2023 In the fast-paced and evolving world of 2023, the concept of a joint family continues to hold immense value. While the trend towards nuclear families has been on the rise, there are still individuals and couples who choose to embrace the joys and challenges of living in a joint family setup. This article explores the dynamics, advantages, and strategies for a harmonious coexistence in a joint family, highlighting its relevance in the modern era and offering insights into how to navigate the intricacies of shared living. Strengthened Support System  Living in a joint family in 2023 provides a unique support system for all family members. With multiple generations residing under one roof, there is an inherent sense of unity and shared responsibility. This structure allows for emotional support during both joyous and challenging times. Family members can rely on each other for advice, guidance, and e...

First Blog

"Everybody is scared of doing new things. I am not the only one". Such thoughts gives us confidence and strength to take up new challenges! For doing something different and new, you have to take the risk, It may be very easy for one and difficult for other. But fear should never stop you from doing it! Make mistakes, learn, grow but don’t stop. Have deep conversation with people who inspire you. The only thing that remains constant is change, whether for good or bad but things will always change. Taking a new challenge of writing blogs, I hope this keeps my interest  for a longer time so as yours! Connecting_souls ❤